If this is the first time you are visiting our blog click here to read how we got started on this journey.







Thursday, March 25, 2010

Inspired by Crazy Love

I love reading blogs of other families who having adopted or who are currently adopting. It is so neat to read of the journeys of families to bring their children home. As I have been reading I happened upon the blog of a truly inspiring family. They have grown their family through adoption and now have 10 children. I have never met this family, but I am inspired by them and the faith walk they have been on through their lives. You can read their blog http://www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com/
Well Linny (the mother of this family) has come up with the idea of what she is calling "Crazy Love." She is asking families to link from her blog and tell some specifics about their family and explain a current need that they have. She believes like we do that God can provide for every need and that He is a God capable of moving mountians.
Well I hate asking for help but here goes... We are a family of 5 and we are adopting from Africa. We are tithing members of Buffat Heights Baptist Church in Knoxville, TN-where my husband is pastor. We are currently working through our home study and all that it entails. We are anxiously wanting to begin the adoption process with our agency, but we need to make our first payment of around $7,000. Please pray with us regarding this need.
Feel free to email us with ideas of fundraisers, questions or any comments- carriethomas5@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I just started learning about adoption from the DRC, and I love your story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless you and your family! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. blessings to your family on this beautiful journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blog "a place called simplicity" ~ me and em are hooked. :)

    ReplyDelete