If this is the first time you are visiting our blog click here to read how we got started on this journey.







Saturday, June 5, 2010

Approved, sold and given

Well it has been a cool few days! First of all our Home Study is complete. For those of you who have experienced the adoption process, that is a big deal. It is basically a document all about us-our life history, the kids, medical information, finances... you name it and it is probably in there. If you want to know something about us, it is in there:) You must have an approved Home Study to proceed with an adoption.. Well- we are APPROVED!!
On another note-Remember the bedroom suite that was donated to us awhile ago. Well, it had not sold. This weekend a precious friend put it out at an estate sale she was having. And today we were contacted to say we needed to pick it up, it had not sold. I was so disappointed. I have to confess- I wondered why God did not allow it to sell and was a bit sad. So I began praying and guess what??? Not 10 minutes later, when I arrived home- the kids came to the door telling me it had sold. God is so good!!!
BUT that is not all... I sat down to check my email and a friend from high school had emailed to let me know a check was headed our way for $100 toward our adoption. So I say again- GOD IS GOOD!!!
We have been blessed this week, but we ask that you please continue to pray for us! We need a little over $1000 to finish off the first payments. We are so close. Also continue to pray for us as we complete grant applications. We need to raise between $20-24,000 in order to bring our daughter home. It seems overwhelming at times, but we are about 1/4 of the way there and we serve a BIG God!!! Thank you so much for following our blog.
Wait there is more!!! I had finished this post and had it posted and then more happened. The bunk beds we were trying to sell, sold. And so I say again GOD IS GOOD!!! I am awed and humbled by His ways.
And more- we had an extra DVD/VCR combo and Dave found someone on Craigslist who needed one. So we are now only $925 from finishing over our 1st payments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment